What you didn’t know about pearls
For all is known the origin of Pearls. Usually small balls that are generated inside some molluscs, usually oysters, when you introduce any foreign body within them, which generate a layer of what is known as nacre, creating more and more layers until Get the Pearl, which, on average, takes about 10 years to be created altogether.
These balls in addition to jewelry have different uses. More specifically, the dust of these pearls is present in the cosmetics sector (due to calcium and other proteins is an excellent exfoliating) or cleaning. In addition, these pearls can also be used as a decoration and, oddly, used as a currency of change.
These pearls are considered as a symbol of delicacy and femininity when used in jewellery. Nowadays there are different types of pearls depending on how and where they have been generated or cultivated.
- cultivated: This type of pearls is mainly made in Japan and is done manually and artificially. In the process they introduce ‘ foreign bodies ‘ inside the oysters so that they begin to generate nacre as it is natural.
- Majorica: This type of pearls are considered organic. They have a different creation process. Artificially, in a crystal ball of opaline is placed layer by layer essence of pearl to get the shape and color appropriate to the demands of the rigorous quality controls of this type of pearls.
- Japanese: As its name suggests, its origin is Japan. Its cultivation process is slower and more delicate than the rest, so it makes them one of the most valued in the market. Its final form is not completely round, but has a flat base, which makes them even more special. It also highlights the quality that can acquire shades of white, beige or pink.
- Australian: They are the largest in the market, their size varies between 10 and 30 millimeters. Its cultivation extends to about 8 years, but, its peculiarity, is that they are created in areas of difficult access and that makes them the most valued in jewellery.
- Mabe: These pearls are also organic and cultivated in different parts of the world and are not as valuable as they are hollow, the interior is not massive. This is done to grow faster.